Assesssment, Analysis And Liquidity Management
Our team evaluates external and internal factors impacting company performance, cash flow and the ability to service debt obligations.
- Cash flow management and forecasting, liquidity enhancement initiatives and working capital management
- Viability assessment, including short-term and long-term liquidity issues
- Forensic accounting, quality of earnings, collateral assessment
- Operational assessment: SWOT, positioning, pricing
Capital Markets: Divestitures And Acquisitions, Securing Alternative Capital, Loan Amendments And Covenant Resets
We help restructure existing loans and source alternative capital from our broad network of private equity firms, hedge funds, asset-based lenders, business development companies, mezzanine lenders, family offices and commercial banks.
- Loan modifications, covenant resets and negotiating near-term waivers and/or forbearance agreements
- Development of optimal senior debt, junior debt and equity capital structure for current situation
- Establishment of valuation metrics; ratio analyses
- Refinancing existing debt with alternative forms of debt and equity capital
- Negotiation of financing terms and assistance in due diligence and closing
- Full company sell-side M&A, both in- and out-of-court, including 363 sales
We re-establish credibility and communication between the company and its constituencies and develop and implement a plan to improve cash flow and restore earnings.
- Interim Executive Management/Chief Restructuring Officer
- Hands-on financial, operational and strategic assistance to senior management
- Restructuring and reorganization
- Debtor and creditor advisory, both in- and out-of-court
- Fiduciary Management, including Trustee, Receiver and Board Advisory
Operational Turnaround/Performance Improvement
We drive long-term improvement through operational change and efficiency.
- Footprint rationalization/plant consolidation
- Operational cost reduction/lean operations
- Workflow and performance management and improvement
Restructuring, Trustee and Turnaround Management
- Chief Restructuring Officer/Bankruptcy Trustee,Financial Advisor: ASA Partners, Conway McKenzie
- Chief Transformation Officer: Tenet Healthcare
- Trustee: Sea Island Company Ch 11 Bankruptcy
- Education: Vanderbilt University, MBA; Vanderbilt University, BA
Capital Markets, M&A, CFO, Debt Restructuring/Recaps
- Department Head: Raymond James Capital Markets
- CFO: Gordon Biersch Restaurant Group
- M&A Professional: FourBridges Capital; Decosimo CPAs
- Education: University of Chicago, MBA; Vanderbilt University, BA
Operations Consulting, CFO, M&A, Debt Refinancing
Chris Rowe, CFA
- Consultant: PriceWaterhouseCoopers
- CFO: Edge Flooring
- M&A Professional: FourBridges Capital; Decosimo CPAs
- Education: University of SC, International MBA; Vanderbilt University, BA
Distressed M&A, Refinancing, Recaps
- Investment Banker: Houlihan, Lokey, Howard & Zukin; SunTrust Robinson Humphrey
- M&A Professional: FourBridges Capital
- Education: University of North Carolina, MBA; James Madison University, BA
Corporate Restructuring and Creditor’s Rights
Ballard Scearce, JD
- Financial Services and Commercial Finance portfolioworkout analysis
- Advisor: GE Capital, CIT, SunTrust and Fifth Third
- Former Partner: Husch Blackwell LLP
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- Education: Samford University, JD; Millsaps College, BBA Accounting
Commercial Lending and Senior Level Banking
- Former Chattanooga Market President: Bank of America
- Senior Vice President: Pinnacle Financial Partners;Regions Bank; FSG Bank.
CPA, CFO, Forensic Accounting
Richard Powell, CPA and Certified Fraud Examiner
- Owner/Founder: Powell CPA
- Previously with Coopers & Lybrand andGrant Thornton
- CFO: T.J. Snow Company and Remington Industries
- Education: University of Florida, Master of Accounting; Florida State University, BS Accounting
Travis Flenniken, CFA, Certified Valuation Analyst
- Owner/CEO: OccuFit – Safety Compliance Solutions
- Manager: Henderson Hutcherson McCullough CPAs (BDO affiliate)
- Associate: Mercer Capital, a Memphis-based valuation firm
- Education: University of Tennessee, MBAUniv. of Tennessee-Chattanooga, BS
Operations Focused Advisory
Emerald Operating Partners
- Experienced operations experts
- Design and implement operational turnaround plans
- Transform/restructure under-performing companies through operational expense reduction and performance improvement
We’ve helped a wide range of clients navigate the debt financing, refinancing and restructuring process. The following transactions were completed by our professionals at FourBridges or predecessor firms.
Debtor-side engagement to assist in the restructuring of senior notes in exchange for equity and new senior securities.
Rendered a retrospective solvency opinion with respect to its buyout and subsequent chapter 11 proceedings.
Reseller of wireless services in the U.S. and Puerto Rico.
Restructured approximately $255 million in unsecured liabilities.
Assets purchased by Nextel out of bankruptcy in a 363 auction process.
Represented unsecured creditor committee.
Restructuring performance improvement $400 million defense contractor
Profitabilty assessment/refinance of $75 million cabinet maker/installer
Restructuring/sale of $450 million plastics manufacturer
Bankruptcy Trustee for Sea Island Company Creditors Liquidating Trust
Sale of company under Section 363 Bankruptcy Code
Debt financing/acquistion advisory for purchase of $650 million flour milling company
About FourBridges Capital
FourBridges serves business owners who are thinking about selling their company or growing through refinancing or acquisition. We use our proven process, global networks and industry expertise to get you the best price, on the best terms.