Recently, FourBridges co-hosted a panel discussion with private equity fund River Associates and law firm Miller & Martin discussing options for business owners to partner with private equity.
Panel topics included the state of the M&A market, business characteristics that private equity investors seek (and avoid), the differences between strategic and financial buyers, deciding when to sell a company, legal considerations in M&A, etc.
Business owners in the audience heard perspectives from an attorney, an investment banker, and a private equity investor. Most importantly though, they heard from two peer business owners who chose to partner with private equity. They discussed their experiences selecting a private equity partner, closing a transaction, and working with that buyer as an ongoing partner.
Panel participants included:
- Charlie Brock, FourBridges Capital Advisors (moderator)
- Dewey Hammond, FourBridges Capital Advisors
- Jeff Johnson, Thompson Industrial Services (formerly Delta Services)
- Phil Harris, National Print Group
- Mark Jones, River Associates
- Jonathan Kent, Miller & Martin
Click here for the full recap of the panel discussion, including some Q&A at the end.